Thursday, June 24, 2010

Five reasons to get excited about cinema

Summer can be a tough time for cinema lovers. Between sequels, comic book adaptations, Jerry Bruckheimer productions, or any combination of all the above, there is little room for interesting films. Unless you live in a large metropolitan area, you are probably feeling the same withdraw. So to tide you over, here are a few trailers that I recently watched that gave me hope.

Somewhere

South of the Border

Never Let Me Go

I Am Love

Farewell

4 comments:

Abigail said...

I can't believe you are excited about I Am Love! Don't you hate Tilda Swinton? I saw it last month up in NY and saw WAY more of that woman than I wanted to...

Rg said...

That's Michael, a.k.a. most negative man on earth, who hates Tilda Swinton.

I just thought the trailer was awesome. I'm actually going to see it in a few hours...

Abigail said...

Post your review! I'm curious to see what you think

McGraw said...

Two things R.G.:

1) The term "the most negative man on earth" is an official trademark of McGraw Inc. Start paying royalties or shut it down.

2) I'm not against Tilda. She's a fine actress. I just don't ogle her like SOME PEOPLE do on screen.